Monday, November 23, 2009

All Aboard

Saturday morning we headed up to Chattanooga to take Braden on the Polar Express train ride. We took him last year, but he wasn't as crazy about trains as he is this year. Saturday morning he was up before 7 am and I went in to get him he said, "I'm ready to go on the choo choo train!"











When we arrived at the Chattanooga Choo Choo Braden got so excited to see all of the train cars. Side note- I booked our trip over 2 months ago and when I booked it I reserved a train car suite for the night. Brad wanted me to call and confirm our reservations last Monday and when I did I booked it for the 22nd instead of the 21st and all of the train cars were booked for the 22nd. Needless to say there was LOTS of crying on my part and Brad tried every angle to get it fixed...he even offered to sleep on the floor when we got there on Saturday since they had one available, but it only had a queen and no daybed for Braden. I will be SO glad when this pregnancy brain goes away!



The Chattanooga Choo Choo had so much to do that we know we want to take the boys back again. We visited with Santa in the lobby, made a stop by the Elf workshop, and ate a pizza dinner on one of the train cars before heading off to the Polar Express train ride.


I booked a 7:30 train ride and in retrospect I would definitely book the 5:30 one instead. He was so excited that he didn't nap and when we go there we had a while to board the train which is very hard for a 2 year old to do....especially when he was SOOOOO excited!




This year his excitement level was a new high. Last year I was way more excited than Braden, but this year he was jumping up and down and participating in everything- all the songs, the story, dancing and seeing Santa. It definitely made the trip worth it!

No comments: